Already 100000 members!
1000 comics & mangas

You are not logged in.

#1 26 Mar, 2012 20:14:52

johandark

We are now in the 0.95 version of Amilova.com

Soon there will be uploaded the version 1. The one that it will start to be really a professional site.

My question is... Before arrive to that point.. I would like to know what you think about the Genres...

GENRES

genres.jpg

I mean...

What is a Genre?

is the term for any category of literature or other forms of art or culture, e.g. music, and in general, any type of discourse, whether written or spoken, audial or visual, based on some set of stylistic criteria. Genres are formed by conventions that change over time as new genres are invented and the use of old ones are discontinued. Often, works fit into multiple genres by way of borrowing and recombining these conventions.

ok... taking in mind this...

I can accept, Action, Adventure, Design-Artworks, Documentaires, Fan-fiction, HentaiXXX, Heroic-Fantasy, Horror, Martial Arts, Mistery, Romance, Science-Fiction, Sexy, Thriller, Tragedy and Turbmedia as Genres.

But.. then... What about "Seinen, Shojo, Yaoi, and Shonen"?

If you know the meaning of these words, they don´t mean any kind of Genre. They are designed for age and sex. This is more a classification, not a genre. (In my opinion).

I mean... You can do a Heroic-Romance and it can be a Shojo Manga, or Shonen, or Yaoi, or Yuri or even Seinen Manga. It all depends in wich kind of "target" are you trying to catch with your story.

TYPES

1rst OPTION:  I think that it would be more nice take off the clasification "Type" of the "Comic and Manga" and change it for this thing (the target: Seinen, Shojo, Shonen, Yuri, Yaoi, etc). Beacuse after all... Manga and Comic are not so different. (They depend more about the period of time they are published more than the draw style).

-------------

2º OPTION:The other option that exists in another websites to substitute the  "TYPE" selection... Is to put in 3 categories.

They use these 3 categories.

.Professional Comics (the ones that earn money with amilova, wich means a lot of quality and 20 pages per month).

.Semi-Professional Comics (They are not professionals, but their quality is really good and they publish 15 per month).

.Member Comics (They are not professionals, Their quality can be really good but they don´t upload 15 pages per month).
-

By this way Readers could choose better their comics to read them knowing that they have a good comics and they will have continuation.

Everybody would start being Member Comics. And then they could become semi-professionals with time, and with more, and more time... probably.. they could become Profesionals if they have a lot of fans and readers and they cand do 20 or more pages per month.

It´s just an idea. wink

mysteries, ghosts, undead, horror, religion, blood, sex, and of course ... humor!---------- ARKHAM

#2 26 Mar, 2012 22:38:00

seronx

What I think the genres should be:
Action
Adventure
Artwork
Documentary
Fan-Fiction
Fantasy
Horror
Martial Arts
Mystery
Romance
Sci-Fi
Thriller
Tragedy

How I think categories should be:
Age(What age group is the comic/manga aimed for), Genre, Language

Examples:
Hentai, Fantasy, English
Seinen, Action, French

Get rid of the type of book and don't categorize based on how much content each book has.

Last edited by seronx (26 Mar, 2012 22:45:35)

#3 27 Mar, 2012 14:56:13

Robot Panda

Seinen, yaoi, yuri, etc. are genres. Adult comics are a genre as well, regardless of what they are - comedy, action, "romance" hehehe, they're just a mix of both. A genre is a perk that defines an artwork. Of course, artworks are not restricted to only one genre and it is unlikely that they'll be in only one genre.

It is about completeness of the list and as far as I am aware, we have it covered. We don't need to have all the sub-genres, and made up genres that some indie publisher came up with by combining 2 or 3 genres into something that doesn't work and gave it a funky name.

The way the search function works makes it to display any comic that has the selected genre in its description. What I would love to see is the option to exclude genres, like I may want to see Action without yaoi comics, or adventure without romance, etc.

Type of book is kind of good, because it is something set by the users and lets people pick what they want. Traditional western comics and traditional manga are worlds apart. Not only in terms of style, but in storytelling as well, so letting people pick their preference is actually good. It is up to the author to know what they're doing.

They use these 3 categories.
.Professional Comics (the ones that earn money with amilova, wich means a lot of quality and 20 pages per month).
.Semi-Professional Comics (They are not professionals, but their quality is really good and they publish 15 per month).
.Member Comics (They are not professionals, Their quality can be really good but they don´t upload 15 pages per month).

This is a really good idea, though amount of pages required isn't really important. It took Battle Chasers months between the release of different 20ish pages issues and it is a very professional comics. One of the best books ever.

#4 27 Mar, 2012 18:44:01

death_cookie

I  agree with 2 optio and I think that wester mangas and jepanese mangas should be separated because somtimes I open manga and don't know from witch side should I read smile .

Board footer