Already 100000 members!
1000 comics & mangas

You are not logged in.

#1 17 Jan, 2012 12:28:24

johandark

To celebrate the 500 page of Dragon Ball Multiverse. In Catalan DBM Section Bardock (Catalan Moderator of DBM) made 2 special presents for Catalan Readers. An Special Video where the Gokuh´s Kid voice in Catalan Anime of Dragon Ball was Promoting the DBM comic.
and the other present was an Interveiew made by JohanDark to Gogeta Jr.
The questions of the interview were done by the Catalan Readers, and some are made by JohanDark just to be more preciss on the answer. I hope you can enjoy the interview. Thanks for all (and excuse my horrible English).

The Interview:
Bardock (Catalan Moderator of DBM): What is the relationship with you and Salagir? How did borned this idea of do DBM together?

Gogéta Jr (Graphic Artist of DBM):  Before I drew a DBM fanmanga of the DBZ website superfan known as: Dragon Ball The adventure Continue in French.

I had no idea how to end the story, so I stopped drawing it.
Then, Salagir asked me if I wanted to do a project with him. At first I said no because I had no time. But later he sent me another mail asking me the same again, and then I said I could try it. And he asked me wich one of two different types of stories I would like to do. One was a parody of DBZ ( wich one now is been doing by Berrizo in Amilova.com named Dragon Bros Z http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/ … e-1.html.)  and the other project was DBM (The one you are reading right now). He showed me the synopsis of the story and I decided by the DBM because there was more action, more battles and seemed much better for my taste.

Bardock: What do you think is the probability that in the distant future DBM will be in anime?

G: I think the anime of DBM ... will never exist, ^^ because if Toei Animation need a new anime of DBZ they do not need amateur ideas. There are so many artists and writers there in Japan and I do not think They would ever look for anything amateur.

JohanDark (The guy who was doing the interview... wich one is the artist preparing the Universe 1 DBM and doing ARKHAM comic in Amilova http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/ … ge-1.html): Do not you think the comic DBM is much better than many of the things that had been done there in Japan?, or the new ones that they can do? Since we have the example recently of the chapter of Bardock, a disaster movie in my opinion and from a lot of people too.

G: I do not know. Is real that I don´t really like The Bardock Special, maybe the history of DBM is better, but even if DBM is the coolest thing made in the world of Dragon Ball (wich one is not for Gogeta Jr. Opinion), the DBM has no license to sell it out. We do not need a good script to sell DBZ, because even if the story of Bardock is bad, the whole world will see it.

JohanDark: But don´t you think that if Toei Animation or Akira Toriyama saw this DBM manga would like to buy it?

G: I think the problem there is that the Japanese would never accept a foreign product, and therefore they prefer something created there inJapan. And especially if it is a product that they were originally created. So the possibilites are really low.

Neoku: Which of all the characters of DBM is more hard to draw for you? ( Cell or Cell Jr. doesn´t count because it is obvious). I would also like to know if you mix the idea of a special technology of the universe.

G: Babidi for me is a bit difficult to draw because it is a style very different from usually makes Akira and in fact he does not appear too much in the story.
And some of the clothes of Dabra (which are the same as of Babidi).
(The question of the technological universe is not for him, it would be for Salagir).

Paula: What do you like most,  Amilova or Dragon Ball Multiverse?

G: I'm bound by contract to say that I prefer Amilova. (Just kidding ...). In fact, two things are completely different.
But the reality is that I saw Dragon Ball since I was very young and I love it. Amilova in the other hand is a comic that TroyB and I have created from scratch and so we have an special affection that you can only get when you do something for yourself. It is difficult to give you an answer about this question objectively, since I am a big fan of DBZ. But the creation of a comic it´s something that you always love, and obviusly if I would not like it, I would not continue drawing it, it would be absurd. But I could say that I like DBM for its history and importance to have the characters of my childhoodwith looking them in a completely different story. I do not know if I have answered the question ...

JohanDark: What do you love more then ... Amilova http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/ … age-1.html or Hemispheres http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/ … age-1.html?

G: A very complicated question also ... It's like if you ask a mother which child prefers, if the first or second ... And what I said, if we do not believe in either, we would do not continue (Salagir and Gogeta Jr. Draws Hemispheres in Amilova.com). Hence I think both.

Bonnie Lord: Wich way do you prefer to draw: by hand (pencil and pen) or by a tablet? And what do you find most difficult?

G: It depends ... If I make a great drawing, I prefer to make it by paper, so ... I do not know how to tell you, when I draw by the computer, I draw really quickly. So now with the tablet I have used over and I find it easier to use. Maybe if I would get back to the paper with so much time without using it it would me cost twice ore more do pages...
I prefer the tablet, because now I draw much faster. It is much easier too.

JohanDark: But do you think the picture quality has declined to do it by hand or do it with tablets?

G: Emm ... Yes .. There is a small difference ... If you put attention there are differences, you can know what is done with computer or by hand.

JohanDark: What was the first page of DBM you did with your computer? *

G: Eumm... Let me see... It was the 120. This is the first page I did with tablet.

JohanDark: Well, I do not see much difference .*
G: Maybe you would need closer look or you see it printed with good quality would be much clearer, but by Internet there´s not so much difference.

Sausage: At what age did you start drawing and how did you discovered this hobby? *

G: I do not remember exactly, it was really very small, possibly ... I had ... went to class ... possibly when I was 6 or 7 years. I was very small and I did not draw too well. I think it was the Dragon Ball that encouraged me to draw, I wanted to draw some of its characters,and it all started from that moment.

Santiac: With how many pages do you work by advantage? For example, tomorrow will be the last page of this chapter and I guess that you use the weekend for draw the pages for the next chapter (original, not special) but how many pages you have already made? 10? 5? 1? xD.

G: We always have to be over 10 pages. Sometimes we are a little above, sometimes I go really late. But it is always better to have 10 pages in advance.
Drawing DBM after work at 8 or 9 at night until almost the hour of bedtime. And then the weekend is to spend them mostly ful-time for DBM.
JohanDark: How many pages of DBM do you usually do in a week?

G: My maximum is 3 per week may be, but I usually do 2 pages.

JohanDark: But DBM is uploading 3 pages per week ...

G: Yes, that´s why so important special chapters for me, because it would be impossible with the level of work in my spare time to draw more than 3pages per week of DBM. I've tried once, but the result is disastrous and I prefer to do relatively well done.

JohanDark: Thanks for your time Gogeta Jr.
G: It was a big pleasure. In fact I feel flattered for been intereviewed...
JohanDark: Well not all FanMangas could arrive to 500 pages! wink Thanks for all!

mysteries, ghosts, undead, horror, religion, blood, sex, and of course ... humor!---------- ARKHAM

Board footer