Already 121055 members!
1279 comics & mangas

You are not logged in.

#1 07 Jul, 2011 15:07:32

fikiri

Appleseed XIII is a new retelling of Masamune Shirow's science fiction manga Appleseed. It's a CGI-animated series composed of 13 episodes directed by Takayuki Hamana.

The project has debuted simultaneously in Japanese theaters, on the Internet, and on Blu-ray Disc since June.

Nico Nico Douga is streaming the anime indeed, but all 13 episodes are also compiled into two feature-length films.

The first one, Appleseed XIII ~Yuigon~, opened in theaters in Tokyo and Osaka on June 13. The first Blu-ray and DVD are already available too.

The second film, Appleseed XIII ~Yogen~ will open in Tokyo on October 24 and then in Nagoya on November 7.

Plot Summary (source ANN)
In the wake of the destruction of a worldwide non-nuclear war, the city Olympus has become the control center of the world. Run by Bioroids (cloned humans made from only the best DNA), it is defended from terrorists by special military forces. Among these are former LAPD SWAT member Deunan Knotts and her multipurpose cyborg partner Brialeos. They face a challenge from the Human Liberation Front and its terrorist underbelly the Argonauts. The leader of this group, Al Ceides, supposedly died 20 years ago in an attack on Poseidon, but now his shadow emerges once again.

An 80-second action promotional video for the first "theatrical remix" of the Appleseed XIII anime project is now available :

[flash=350,300]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRr8dRHR4ys[/flash]

The Bandai Channel streamed a 94-second full trailer in April :

[flash=350,300]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHIfg14Jfm4[/flash]

What do you think of the new Appleseed series?

Last edited by fikiri (11 Jul, 2011 06:15:08)

#2 20 Jul, 2011 14:03:32

goldy

nice, I love that manga (first and second part)

Board footer