You are not logged in.

#26 13 Apr, 2012 08:31:54

Mart

Check out the girl's professions on page 9 from Ch 2 of Whisper: http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/ … age-9.html

#27 21 Apr, 2012 09:52:02

Mart

I don't see any new readers lately and I started wondering what the fans want...more nudity or more blood. I couldn't decide so here it is...bloody nudity on the new page of Whisper: http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/ … ge-11.html

#28 21 Apr, 2012 19:23:15

Jesus4U

A good way to generally increase readership, is to make fanart to other comics of the same general type of comic that you make yourself.

Usually, the recipients will link back to you, and some of their readers will follow the link, a few of those will stick around too. smile

As for me, I saw your comment in the "Latest topic" bar on the right.

#29 23 Apr, 2012 10:03:33

Robot Panda

Axile xD , bear in mind not everyone is into this type of fucked up comics. I mean this as a compliment. You're catering to a really specific audience.

I'll have to disagree with Jesus over there - you shouldn't rely on references to make your comic successful, because fans will start expecting them from you, and stopping doing them may hurt you. Any art piece should have an idea and stick to it all the time - if it's about references - do it, but your comic isn't, so you shouldn't start that.

Just make it, try to market it and that's it. big_smile

#30 23 Apr, 2012 10:49:27

Mart
Robot Panda wrote:

Axile xD , bear in mind not everyone is into this type of fucked up comics. I mean this as a compliment. You're catering to a really specific audience.

I'll have to disagree with Jesus over there - you shouldn't rely on references to make your comic successful, because fans will start expecting them from you, and stopping doing them may hurt you. Any art piece should have an idea and stick to it all the time - if it's about references - do it, but your comic isn't, so you shouldn't start that.

Just make it, try to market it and that's it. big_smile

I am keeping this in mind since day one, I just thought that there were going to be more sick people to follow the comic. big_smile About, the references...I wasn't going to. wink I made a folder " Gifts for fans " on my facebook page, after the first 3, everybody started to ask for one. big_smile wink

#31 23 Apr, 2012 23:42:14

johandark

Well in my opinion your comic is not so bad... the problem is that you are abusing of close shots, and middle shots, no too much backgrounds, not living bodies... (I don´t mean the ones you kill...) And your story ... does not catch yet... So... I still see your comic but mostly for curiosity than for interest.

I dunno... I think that you should practice more the anatomy and your artstyle... I know that you want to do a gore comic.. and that´s cool... but I only see gore in your comic.. there´s no a real story that catch me really... But remember... is just my personal opinion. wink

mysteries, ghosts, undead, horror, religion, blood, sex, and of course ... humor!---------- ARKHAM

#32 24 Apr, 2012 03:27:47

Jesus4U

When I said fanart, I didn't mean make art for any fan that shambles up to you and asks for it. Rather, I meant to make some for another webcomic entirely.

Lets make an example.

Somebody makes an anthro/furry webcomic for children (pg-13), lets call it "Furball" or something like that.

Now, "Furball" wants more readers. So he/she makes a piece of fanart for another webcomic that is like itself, but with a large reader base, such as DMFA (Dan and Mabs Furry Adventures) and sends it to the creator of the other webcomic.

If the creator of "Furball" is lucky, the creator of DMFA would post the fanart on their own page and possibly link back to "Furball".

The advantage is not only do "Furball" get a chance of another webcomic's reader base coming to visit "Furball's" page, but they will already be of the same type of reader that "Furball" is aiming at, so there's a bigger chance that it will be a "hit" with the readers that come and visit. The other comic might get a few more followers from "Furball's" readerbase too.

Now, DMFA is a real comic, and it really has nothing similar to "Whisper" (I just used it as an example of a popular furry comic) ... but there are other webcomics out there that might have. I'm sure you know of some. smile

#33 24 Apr, 2012 07:10:04

Mart
johandark wrote:

Well in my opinion your comic is not so bad... the problem is that you are abusing of close shots, and middle shots, no too much backgrounds, not living bodies... (I don´t mean the ones you kill...) And your story ... does not catch yet... So... I still see your comic but mostly for curiosity than for interest.

I dunno... I think that you should practice more the anatomy and your artstyle... I know that you want to do a gore comic.. and that´s cool... but I only see gore in your comic.. there´s no a real story that catch me really... But remember... is just my personal opinion. wink

Keep in mind that the story is still in the beginning, I'm not a " shallow " comic book artist...the story will get more interesting and complex with time. smile

About the anatomy and the artstyle...Whisper is my practice. wink There was another project I was working on before coming to Amilova, but I decided that I'm still not good enough for It ( it's an epic fantasy story in 8 huge tomes ), so I started this one instead. wink

Keep on following, you won't be disappointed, and 10x for the advice smile

P.S. New page, more blood and more nudity! big_smile big_smile big_smile http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/ … ge-12.html

Last edited by Mart (24 Apr, 2012 07:50:31)

#35 01 Jun, 2012 19:44:26

Mart

Sorry for delay people but I've been very, very busy lately. The important thing is that Whisper is back with a brand new page!: http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/ … ge-16.html

#36 30 Jul, 2012 06:36:25

Mart

The countdown to end of chapter 2 begins, 4 more pages left: http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/ … ge-20.html

#37 22 Aug, 2012 18:38:03

Mart

Whisper's chapter 2 is finished. If you like you can read it from top to bottom and tell me your opinion smile

http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/ … age-1.html

#39 13 Oct, 2012 11:41:49

Mart

Whisper Update: Almost all pencils for Chapter 3 are done and 4 pages are linked. Considering my busy schedule lately I'm really proud of that progress (who needs to sleep anyway...sleep is overrated big_smile ). I'll release some previews very soon. smile

Board footer