You are not logged in.

#1 25 Nov, 2011 10:39:30

fikiri

As you know this is the 6th week since our contest has started. During the contest, at least 2 new pages must be released every week. So, all the comics must have at least 22 pages by the end of this week.

Some participants haven't published enough pages (I will send them a message). They must catch up their pages uploades by Monday, November 28.

You will find below a summary of all the released pages.

The blue golden (kera972) 18/18

sheepis (Tcim) 19/19

Let me Fly (Aline Potiron) 19/19

Follow me (ezysummers) 19/19

Level 53 (Drawly) 20/20

Dragon Scream (Toh)     20/20

Lapin et Tortue (Ibi) 20/20

Itai Tenshi (Y-Mangaka) 20/20

Bounty Hunter Gorak (Gorak) 20/20

Enemy inside (Nowaki) 20/20

Braver (Van Reigh) 20/20

La Légende des Dragons (Oddeyes) 20/21

Irène et les Heimdalls (Reen et Aka) 20/32

Oscar Fé (H-def) 20/20

ОКОТО НА ПОСЕЙДОН (tangra) 20/20

Fruits perdus (lostfruty) 21/21

Trick Master (edegaragostinho) 21/21

Daëlites (Len) 21/21

Blind Connection (Kiriel) 21/21

Mink (NanaJ) 21/21

Je reconstruirai ton monde (misscania) 21/21

Moon Chronicles (ivy-mitsuno) 21/23

Retro Futur (Akioh) 22/23

The God and the Player (lauramma) 22/22

Nevermore (Estherrulez) 22/22

Trois Mousquetaires (El Jerko) 22/22

Joker (NaNa Sakaru) 22/22

Level UP ! (Krayon) 22/22

La meute solitaire (kei sakurada) 22/22

Psyché (*marianne*) 22/22

Cat's Girls - Tome spécial (Aure-magik) 22/22

My Destiny (Chibi Dam'z) 22/27

La Marque (stelli) 22/22

Haven (valdé) 22/22

X-Class (Ikki San Gaspar) 22/22

Last Time (Kazet) 23/23

WAW (World At War) (darkpiwo) 23/23

La Danse d'Alinoë (Aramis) 23/23

Mon coeur ne bat que pour toi (Oizofu) 23/23

The Black Doctor (Watapoku) 23/23

Bird (CrashBoomBang) 24/24

Dinoman (Monsieur Rien) 24/24

Elysia (hayard) 24/24

Orium Caspium (IDias) 24/24

Give me some love! (babee) 25/25

Zack et les anges de la route (sebynosaur) 25/25

Momo ma jolie mélodie (Momonem) 25/25

Dirty cosmos (Alvinator) 25/25

La bande de losers et Dieu (wayne) 25/25

Fireworks Detective (Art-of-Kawaii) 26/26

Aux origines de la vie animale (yhann35) 26/40

Angels' Judgment (Nooey) 26/26

Cupidon Boy (Adou Fisch) 26/26

Le Fil Rouge (Linoa) 26/26

Sasori (Ruleslemanga) 26/29

Shao-yoshita (shao-yoshita) 28/28

CLAY (NINONetRIIE) 28/28

Psychomantium (Eskhar) 29/29

Vis ma vie de rêve (roro318) 29/29

Junk Story (Desdemond) 30/41

L'amour n'a pas d'âge ! (Asura Hikari) 31/31

Blog et Méchant (BlogEtMéchant) 32/39

Réflexions Affligeantes (Mariko) 33/33

Traces (Esteryn) 33/33

Love & Business (sya) 33/33

KAMO Mystère noir (Michaël) 33/42

Nolan (stephane censi) 34/41

Mannheim (Strawberry) 37/38

Jack & The Beanstalk (higan) 38/38

Sweet (lolo78014) 39/43

Imperfect (Kinkgirl) 39/46

Duo des étoiles (shéra) 42/42

Androïde (Mzanie) 42/111

Apple strength (bloodyAKI) 43/43

Etat des lieux (Monsieur To) 45/45

Nomya (Alex Xaysena) 46/50

Red Eye (Mariko) 46/46

Aux Armes (Marialexie) 49/67

Battle Saga (Alvinator) 51/51

HELLSHLING (Mariko) 52/52

Ashell (Pehesse) 54/104

Aka-chan (pandaka) 57/60

Food Attack (A.C.Puig) 58/72

Dark Eagle (stephane censi) 58/75

Yokai Yokai (mbuma) 58/70

Full Moon (Blood Wolf) 85/87

Only Two (Jérôme) 86/105

ARKHAM (johandark) 87/93

Storm (edbe) 87/87

Bishop's Normal Adventures (Biishop) 89/89

Run 8 (studio.takoyaki) 119/159

Mythes et Légendes (Miss-M) 127/128

SethXFaye (Keiden) 215/236

Coeur d'Aigle (nynadp) 228/234

Human Puppets (Vavanemo) 348/348

**********************************************************************************

Important:

***1 author has withdrawn from the contest for personal reasons: freewolf (Mad Wolf).

***2 comics are disqualified from competition because their authors haven't uploaded two pages per week: Scott Holmes (JaguarKamo) and Golden Skull (Mr Bambou). Of course, the authors could upload the rest of the series at amilova without participating in the contest.

#2 25 Nov, 2011 13:30:38

IDias

I'm in last place, with 2 more works. I almost had to take out the story from the contest, since it doesn't have too many votes and I didn't reached halfway the chart. I'm staying in the contest for a while more because all the action scenes begins now and I want to see people's reaction and I must keep my few fans.
I must say I'm a little disapointed with my own performance, not only because I can't get better on the chart but also because of some (few) bad comics that are in much better place.
Also there is the question of the imitations and fancomics. Those are really easy to write and is a very good way to show the lack of originality of the writers. When I entered the contest I bumped into non-original ideias that got too much approval since those characters are already known. I wished this could never happen, because the prize is a publication and there is some copyright issues that can give some real problems for the publisher. As a writer I feel bad for them, and for the real creators of those characters, since those characters are used in a publication without the creator's permission to do it.
Unfortunately, the prize in money could be a motivation to this kind of writers. My only wish was to publish one of my works anywere, not the money it comes from it. I would feel happy just by getting some readers.
Because of that I'm feeling like leaving the contest but I'm waiting a few more weeks before I'll make a decision.

3 questions:
Can you provide some criticism to the works on the 10 last positions in order to change their places in the chart? Those last positions aren't changing at all and the first ones the same way. I don't know if the author's popularity is a point to have in account in the voting sistem or is just the way stories are written. (my favourite stories are in the middle, though.

Run 8 is a very good story, but not voting it (but I'm following the story) because it was already been published. I'm a little confused with it... If it stays in one the 14 first places, will you have the work to publish again the first chapter that is already on sale?

Since the voting results have a large difference between places (528, 488, 460 to the 3 first ones and 40 for the 3 last ones), will be better tell to the last ones to leave the contest or is better to see if the first ones had already works published officially and take out the competition those? Is just I'm confused with the way the constest is going.

I'm not leaving the contest, but maybe it's the motive why people are quiting so easely.

#3 25 Nov, 2011 20:33:59

johandark

Idias YOur comic is not bad Drawn.

Your story... well It doesn´t have really a good start. (starting by... why there is always a narrator in the beginning? Let characters tell the story... not a narrator...).

You should do an "impact" to drug your readers to follow your comic in the beinning, with some joke, with sex or with something new and original. (Hemispheres used his Disapearing mountains, the airplane flying in middle age world, etc).

Your draw is not bad....  But you do too much Close Shots.. I don´t know where is happening all the action.. Make a landscape to show the place... And start without so many characters... Because reader get confused...

And... your comic start in page 4. What are pages 2 and 3?... and your cover is not... What it should be as your art level is higher.

You don´t deserve being in 92th place. Because you are better in art level than even some of high ones, But your story (in my opinion) is not adictive enough and a little confusing one.

I hope you don´t take  my words in bad way... Because I think you are going in right way wink

Good Luck!

mysteries, ghosts, undead, horror, religion, blood, sex, and of course ... humor!---------- ARKHAM

#4 27 Nov, 2011 18:33:21

TroyB
Administrator
IDias wrote:

I'm in last place, with 2 more works.

I don't know if it's because of this post, but you got a sudden jump and gained some rankings
http://www.amilova.com/en/ranking-compe … omics.html

I can't tell you why your comic is not ranking higher, this is not my place.
But I can tell you you are RIGHT to advices from other artists, this is how you will evolve.

I know being at the bottom of the rankings is not the most thrilling place BUT I think you have the right attitude > you must ask yourself "why?" and asks the others "why?" and eventually, you'll learn things and you'll grow.

All artists are working like crazy to keep up with this competition.
Unfortunately, there can't be only winners and N°1.

I still hope that those that won't win will still appreciate the experience on an artistic point of view and will take the opportunity to learn from that, which will help them in their artistic life and in future projects, future competition.

Thank you JohanDark for providing feedback to IDias,  I hope other artists will do the same.
IDias, you should create a separate topic so you all talk about your art.

Troy

♫ Tu veux publier ta BD sur Amilova ? Lis les instructions et envois moi un message privé wink.

#5 30 Nov, 2011 01:50:22

ivy-mitsuno

Hopefully I'll post more pages tomorrow big_smile
even though I'm in a save line, I have so much to do >.< especially x-mas presents for the family ick I have a big one...

Board footer