You are not logged in.

#1 29 Mar, 2013 12:48:05

Pink_Marionette

Wanted to let everyone know that Invincible was featured in this month's NEO Magazine!

NEO Mag 109

Invincible in NEO

Invincible in NEO 2

I was given six pages in total - one of which was a short interview page (shown above).
Apart from boosting my ego, (XDD) the other great news here is that Amilova was mentioned a lot in the article! The interview starts by saying I am publishing on amilova.com, and for one of the questions I was asked what I think the benifits are of online publishing.
Here is an excerpt of my answer:

"I think an author is offered a lot of freedom when they publish online. You're in control of your own work and everything surrounding it, which is nice if you can keep on top of it. Amilova, the site I'm currently on, offers authors a lot of tools to help artists promote themselves, such as blogs and links to social networking sites, and it also has a great translation system. Invincible has already recieved reader translations in French, Spanish and Portuguese, which really overwhelmed me. You are able to connect with more people. You have that instant connection with readers and can talk with them and receive feedback, which is a great thing."

Neo is one of the biggest manga, anime and Japan culture-related publications currently in the UK. Maybe one of the last still in print. You can buy it both digitally and on paper from their website here:

http://www.neomag.co.uk/

(I don't get anything for it, I'm just being helpful. XDD)

Anyway, thought I'd share this info with everyone, and hope I did a good job representing amilova well! ^^;v

#2 30 Mar, 2013 14:28:38

rawrtacular

Congratulations! I saw that copy of NEO too!
How did you get on there? Did NEO approach you, or did you send them an offer to feature?

#3 02 Apr, 2013 09:57:56

Pink_Marionette

Waaa you saw it! ^^ ♪
I emailed them thinking I would get no answer XDD
But they liked it and it went from there.

#4 02 Apr, 2013 14:05:15

rawrtacular

Awesome big_smile

Inspired by you, I've gone and done the same with both of my webmanga (Bata Neart and Back Office) and sent them an email with details and such.

It's much greater long-shot that they'll look at mine, but here's hoping big_smile

Congratulations on making an awesome magazine even awesomer!

#5 02 Apr, 2013 20:47:33

Tad

Ah, awesome (and well done too smile ) I spotted the manga in there too. I kept meaning to e-mail them myself but kept thinking they wouldn't use a webmanga as most of the ones I remember form the mag were published works.

#6 03 Apr, 2013 11:07:04

Pink_Marionette

Thank you both of you! ^^
And good luck to you Rawrtacular! (and Tad if you decide to try one day smile )
Go for it and never give up ^^

#7 03 Apr, 2013 13:15:32

TroyB
Administrator

Awesome !
Very happy that you got this opportunity
And Thanks for talking about Amilova, and sharing all this with us wink !!!

Troy

♫ Tu veux publier ta BD sur Amilova ? Lis les instructions et envois moi un message privé wink.

#8 04 Apr, 2013 09:27:28

Pink_Marionette

Thanks Troy! And, you're most welcome ^_^ ♪

Board footer