Already 132083 members!
1400 comics & mangas

You are not logged in.

#1 08 Apr, 2019 03:33:17

calmcnichols

ami-proposal.png

Note: I do not speak french. But I will gladly read all comments thanks to google translate :D

---

Une histoire qui explore l'humanité sans la distraction des humains. C'est l'histoire d'un autre monde, d'une autre race d'êtres. Une anthologie qui, je l’espère, capturera la saleté mais la beauté de l’humanité. La guerre, la paix, la vie quotidienne, la culture et les luttes auxquelles tous les peuples sont confrontés.

Chant de la patrie est une anthologie, il existe un paramètre de connexion, mais la majorité des personnages n'apparaîtra pas dans les chapitres suivants, à quelques exceptions près. J'ai une idée de l'endroit où va l'histoire, mais je travaille mieux quand je ne planifie pas trop l'intrigue. Il n’ya pas de fin définitive à l’esprit, mais il existe des jalons (pensez aux fins du volume) où les paramètres et les délais de la bande dessinée changent.

Je sais seulement parler anglais, je ne parle pas français et je dois utiliser Google Translate. :L Je m'excuse. De même, le comic sera en anglais, cependant, le comic lui-même n'a pas beaucoup de dialogue. Certains dialogues sont également volontairement laissés non traduits au spectateur pour représenter les personnages ne comprenant pas un langage dans l'univers.

Cette bande dessinée est plus ou moins un projet personnel. Je travaille dessus quand je le peux. Il n'y a pas d'horaire fixe pour la fréquence de publication des pages, mais une page par semaine est à peu près habituelle. Je prendrai de temps en temps des pauses. J'avoue que je ne suis pas le travailleur le plus rapide, mais bon si vous ne vous amusez pas, à quoi ça sert? :D Cela dit, je suis très attaché au projet et je travaille sur son concept sous une forme ou une autre depuis des années. J'espère pouvoir à un moment donné publier moi-même. Je travaille également sur de nombreux projets de construction du monde que je vais également intégrer.

Si cela suscite de bonnes réactions, je suppose que je contacterai ensuite Monsieur TroyB.
Merci à tous.

---

I can post this in english if you want since I can actually speak that. :) Just let me know.
ch1pg30.png
ch1pg34.png
ami-proposal-2.png

Last edited by calmcnichols (08 Apr, 2019 22:25:24)

#2 08 Apr, 2019 22:00:15

buthler

Ça à l'air super sympa.

It's look wonderful.

#3 08 Apr, 2019 22:27:36

calmcnichols

Je vous remercie! Je suis heureux que vous l'ayez apprécié.

thank you! i'm glad you enjoyed it. sorry for my terrible french.

#4 08 Apr, 2019 22:30:35

buthler

Don't worry, my english is also very poor.

#5 09 Apr, 2019 19:12:25

Povlaka

Theses pages are really nice, emotionnaly strong and immersive. I already want to know what will be the next ! It is also quite a challenge to start a story you don't know where it goes to. Hopefully you will pubish soon on Amilova.

#6 09 Apr, 2019 19:18:20

calmcnichols

i'm glad you like them! It's not so much that I don't know where the story goes, more that a large overarching plot tying many characters together isn't the point of this story. it will focus on more self-contained short stories tied together in a shared area of the world. the focus is more on how characters react to plot events rather than the plot events themselves, so to speak. and as the stories don't necessarily have to keep an identical theme, I can experiment with different art styles and focus as I wish. which is fun to me smile

#7 09 Apr, 2019 19:28:37

Povlaka

OK, that's why you said there could be many different characters not specifically main ones.
There is a robot on your front page, am I wrong ?

#8 09 Apr, 2019 19:33:06

calmcnichols

it was a bionicle i drew a few years ago for fun. nothing related to the comic.

https://www.deviantart.com/reier/art/fire-toa-736658278

Last edited by calmcnichols (09 Apr, 2019 19:33:37)

#9 09 Apr, 2019 19:59:30

Povlaka

Your deviant art page is amazing ! Earth and Gali Nuva are my favorite and also Thank you for the swimming lesson, and Seasonned Adventurer and many others. I like bionicles.

#10 09 Apr, 2019 20:10:34

calmcnichols

glad you like them.

#11 09 Apr, 2019 20:21:59

buthler

Lui on peut dire qu'il nage comme un fer à repasser. big_smile

#12 11 Apr, 2019 04:51:56

calmcnichols

ou une pierre!

--

one of the things i enjoy about the comic the most is the freedom i have for the setting to make a believable but exotic world. there are some sci-fi elements but on the whole I try to make the setting pretty realistic given the parameters.
basically, the people in the story are aliens so i can make them humanlike when i want and exotic when i want.

dd33mb4-bc4aef17-17f9-452f-b2b9-9d7c97391383.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2IwYzAzNDM1LTJiNDUtNDliNi1iODZjLTllYjM3ZjgzZTYxYVwvZGQzM21iNC1iYzRhZWYxNy0xN2Y5LTQ1MmYtYjJiOS05ZDdjOTczOTEzODMucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.qZFjToYeo9WRzxy5aJtb4AFIkgw1MvborZHendPteqo

many families have different family tattoos (think coat of arms) that the sons get when they come of age. the daughters get a smaller version that will be fused with the design of her husband so symbolize the uniting of the two families. families that have arranged marriages often have their daughters tattooed earlier.

the tattoos also help the reader to tell different characters apart easier. the less human a character is often the harder it is to recognize minor differences between them.

motherland_headwear_by_reier_dcqcdl4-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTE2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYjBjMDM0MzUtMmI0NS00OWI2LWI4NmMtOWViMzdmODNlNjFhXC9kY3FjZGw0LWI1YmJmMzRmLWMwMjctNDZjNi1hYTgyLTVjMTNlMWFjM2Q3YS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.qlntQ7p6MpNqoUoH68_4lHlVPtgXXXWrTbAK0V-tz0g
the ears are fun to draw and emote with since they react to the person's emotions like cat ears. it also helps because with the way their skull is designed sometimes you can only see one eye at a time and the ears help with face reading.

Last edited by calmcnichols (11 Apr, 2019 04:56:19)

#13 12 Apr, 2019 22:33:19

calmcnichols

TroyB replied to give me author privileges, hopefully the comic itself will go live soon smile

Last edited by calmcnichols (12 Apr, 2019 22:33:29)

#14 12 Apr, 2019 22:51:41

buthler

Chouette, bon courage à toi.

#15 19 Apr, 2019 18:12:49

calmcnichols

PMed the admins a week ago to set the comic live and still haven't heard anything.

Board footer